The garment is designed with four simple concepts in mind.
1. Comfort: Pure New Zealand Merino Wool is the only thing that touches the skin. Merino is a unique textile in several ways: it is very comfortable, non-allergenic, warm in all conditions (even when wet), wicks moisture away from the skin, and survives several days of continuous wear without need for washing. It is the ideal inner layer for an item that is to be worn all day, every day, for several days, in all conditions.
2. Function: Warm where you need it, easy comfort and cool where you don't. The windward front panel, covering the chest, abdomen and upper arms has three layers for maximum wind-proof warmth:
- The outer layer of Chopper for maximum wind protection.
- Middle layer of quilted thinsulate for light-weight insulation.
- Inner layer of Pure New Zealand Merino for all-day comfort.
- The arm, back, neck and snood are double layer Merino.
3. Motorcycle specific design concepts:
- Total flexibility: the garment is elastic in all directions and allows full movement without restriction or bunching of material. There are no zips, clips, or Velcro to adjust: just pull it on.
- Snood: the double-knit merino snood sits comfortably around the neck or can be pulled up as high as needed over the nose and back of the head under the helmet. Warm when you need it and cool when the sun comes out.
- Back panel: the extended Merino back panel reaches well down toward the buttock, keeping out drafts in any riding position.
4. Aesthetics. It just looks good! The clean lines, contoured fit, easy casual look, black for the men and silver for the ladies, mean you can use it on and off your bike and always look good.